Our Contact Details
Alpha Batteries Ltd is a limited company incorporated in England & Wales. If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer in relation to this Privacy Notice you can do so via:
110 Spotland Bridge Mill
Our Purpose for Processing your Personal Data
We will endeavour to ensure that we only request from you the minimum amount of personal data required in order for us to provide our services to the required standard. There are a number of lawful basis under which we process this data as follows:
In most cases the information we gather will be required in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example details of your name, address and other billing related information is required so that we may process your payment and arrange delivery of your purchase.
We will also gather additional information where required, for example email addresses and telephone numbers to update you on your order status, let you know if you’ve left items in your basket or to contact you should there be an issue related to your order.
We will seek your consent where necessary, for example to contact you as part of our marketing campaigns. This information is optional, requires your explicit consent for us to process and will be clearly highlighted before it is gathered.
Who Your Data is Shared With
Subject to applicable data protection law we may share your information with, but not limited to, the following:
- Payment providers in order to process payment for your order
- Delivery companies and logistics services to process your delivery
- Vehicle data lookup providers in relation to vehicle registration queries
- Companies and sub-contractors providing their services to us
- Legal and financial companies such as our accountants
- With your consent marketing companies such as email marketing providers
Some of this information may be transferred and stored outside of the UK. In such cases we are committed to working with International companies that meet UK standards in regards to your data.
Our Data Retention Periods for your Personal Data
We will retain your data for as long as is necessary to complete our obligations to you. In addition with are required by law to keep financial information for a minimum of 6 years.
These cookies are required for our website to function correctly:
- __zlcmid - Zopim / ZenDesk
- external_no_cache - Magento
- frontend - Magento
- frontend_cid - Magento
- vehiclereg - Magento
These cookies are not essential to the operation of our website but provide analytical data:
- _ga - Google
- _gat - Google
- _gid - Google
- _hjIncludedInSample - HotJar
Opt out of Cookies
Most web browsers will accept cookies by default, however you can choose to reject cookies entirely and delete those stored on your device. If you block all cookies our website will not function correctly. For more information about cookies, including blocking all, or just third party cookies please visit Cookies & You. In addition the non-essential cookies we’ve highlighted can be managed via the relevant 3rd party below:
Your Rights Under Data Protection Law
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, including:
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it's inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to object to processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data erased
- The right to request access to your personal data and information on how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you would like to exercise any of these rights you may contact us and we will action your request in line with data protection law as soon as possible.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be reflected here and will supersede this version. We will take reasonable steps to draw your attention to any changes in our policy.